How to dive into online social media marketing
March 7, 2009
- Familiarize yourself with social media:
Get a blog,
Get on twitter,
Get on facebook,
look at what your competitors are doing,
engage in conversations online,
read the cluetrain manifesto
- Decide that you want to do it:
Social media strategy advice directed at consumer companies
- Decide what you want:
What do you hope to accomplish?
Who will execute on your social media strategy?
How will they do that? What do they need?
- Get started with free tools:
Define a blog policy,
encourage employees to blog,
Start a company blog, link to employee blogs
Start a company twitter account, follow your customers
Start a company facebook group, befriend your customers
- If you want to customize your existing website, consider buying a vendor solution:
Forrester analysis of social networking platforms, with process explained
- Let me know how it works out!