App Engine is an interesting start
April 12, 2008
So I looked at google’s App Engine today. Some thoughts:
- We need to know what it costs.
- Yay for WSGI.
- Yay for Apache 2 licensing.
- Let me deep-link to the code.
- Amazon provides more power. For example, queues.
- As others have said the lock-in risk needs some attention. I’m sure someone will solve it soon.
- I still don’t believe we’ll stop distributing entity relationships. They are useful. Facebook at least provides subselects. Amazon doesn’t.