January 5, 2008
- A general data management environment. Leo shows user-created relationships among any kind of data: computer programs, web sites, etc.
- An outlining editor for programmers. Leo embeds the noweb and CWEB markup languages in an outline context.
- A flexible browser for projects, programs, classes or any other data.
- A project manager. Leo provides multiple views of a project within a single outline. Leo naturally represents tasks that remain up-to-date.
- Portable. Leo runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
- 100% pure Python. Leo uses Tk/tcl to draw the screen.
- Fully scriptable using Python. Leo’s outline files are XML format.
- Open Software, distributed under the Python License.
Leo is certainly a lot like me. Deals with lots of data and their interconnections, very flexible, heavily focussed on python, heavily focussed on people, open source, pretty smart, and a lot of fun to play with.